Simple, Safe & Sustainable
As is most often the case, systems and processes work best at scale and over time if they are kept simple. At parkrun we, therefore, adopt a ‘keep it simple’ philosophy – we provide free, weekly timed 5k events on Saturdays and in some countries 2k junior events on Sundays – that’s it, nice and simple, nothing more and nothing less.
We understand that some event teams may wish to do extra things outside of this core function, with the intention of ‘improving’ the experience or increasing the enjoyment of participants. We ask them not to move away from our simple delivery model and encourage them to think about the potential impact on the workload of the event team, as well as the long-term sustainability of their event.
parkrun and parkrun events in every country are apolitical and should never be used to publicise political campaigns or causes.
We value the relationship that parkrun and parkrun events have with all levels of government and across the political spectrum, and we support elected representatives advocating for parkrun and participating in our events.
If any participants are approached about a parkrun being used for political campaigning, please contact us at email@example.com.
The safety of all participants is always our priority and we have therefore implemented a number of policies and procedures to ensure events are as safe as possible, including:
- Annually reviewed risk assessments for every event
- Public liability insurance for all events
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and First aid kits at all events
- Safeguarding guidelines and support
- Compulsory Event-day course checks prior to every event
- Compulsory Tail Walker at all events
- Globally-managed recording and reviewing of all incidents